1. Definitions and Interpretation
- “Cookie”: means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;
- “Cookie Law”: means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
- “personal data”: means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 or EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
- “We/Us/Our”: means Stergiou Books Limited, a limited company registered in Ireland under company number 632421, whose registered address is Ground Floor, 8-9 Marino Mart, Fairview, Clontarf, Dublin 3, Co. Dublin, D03P590, Ireland.
2. Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Stergiou Books Limited, a limited company registered in Ireland under company number 632421, whose registered address is Ground Floor, 8-9 Marino Mart, Fairview, Clontarf, Dublin 3, Co. Dublin, D03P590, Ireland.
- Our VAT number is IE3566877KH.
- Our Data Protection Representative is Leonidas Stergiou and can be contacted by email at Leonidas@stergioubooks.com, by telephone on +353 (0) 87 360 15 78, or by post at Stergiou Books Limited, c/o Leonidas Stergiou, Ground Floor, 8-9 Marino Mart, Fairview, Clontarf, Dublin 3, Co. Dublin, D03P590, Ireland.
- We are regulated by the Irish and the European Authorities.
- We are an associate member of Publishing Ireland (Irish Publishing Association), and a regular business member of the Hellenic Community in Ireland.
- By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Read about the types and the use of each cookie to section 4 below. A detailed list of cookies detected by an automated scan the last 24 yours, a button for cookie settings and more information is provided by the OneTrust Management Software at the bottom of this page.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
3.1. Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
3.2. Analytics Cookies
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
3.3. Functionality Cookies
Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
3.4. Targeting Cookies
It is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests. Some information gathered by targeting Cookies may also be shared with third parties.
3.5. Third-Party Cookies
Third-party Cookies are not placed by Us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. Third-party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to Us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
- Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- Session Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire as indicated in the table below.
- For more specific details of the Cookies that We use, please refer to the table below.
4. What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
- Note that Stergiou Books Limited and our website stergioubooks.com use two tier-1 privacy software managements (OneTrust and Sovy Hub) that scan our website every 24 hours and update the cookies, their types, their expiration dates, and their purposes. Thus, the visitor of this page is always updated and the following information is not static.
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device.
Please, see the Appendix below that includes all types of Cookies, explains their role and necessity, their expiration/duration, and how you can change the settings. This Appendix with the table of Cookies is updated every 24 hours.
There is a link to set your settings and change your preferences anytime.
Furthermore, it reiterates the Cookie Notice to confirm the saved details and your preferences. This banner also provides a user-friendly list with cookies, easy buttons to enable and disable, links to their definitions, and a comprehensive preference centre.
Feel free to use the tool that is more convenient to you. If you use one, the remaining are updated constantly.
If you face any problem or you have any question, please Contact Us or visit our Support Centre and open a ticket (external link) or use our GDPR & Data Personal Portal with useful forms and information,
5. Consent and Control
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies unless those Cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow and/or deny different categories of Cookie that We use. You can return to your Cookie preferences to review and/or change them at any time by visiting our GDPR and Personal Data Privacy Portal. A button is always available on ton bottom of all pages of this website.
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
7. Further Information
- For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit the following: